Iowa Academy of Science Abstract Submission Form
130th IAS Annual Meeting
April 20 - 21, 2018
Buena Vista University
Storm Lake, Iowa
Abstracts must be 200 words or less.
Please contact the Executive Director at 319-273-2581 for more information.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Only a Section Chair may accept abstracts after the submission deadline. Contact the IAS office if you have questions.
Abstract Fee Deadline: Sunday, March 25, 2018
Primary authors are responsible for the Abstract Fee. If the fee is not paid by the deadline the abstract will not appear in the Proceedings of the 130th Annual Meeting or in the Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science and the presentation at the Annual Meeting will be cancelled. Secondary authors must pay their normal registration fee. Primary authors will be notified if their abstract has been accepted and will be reminded of the Abstract Fee due date. Primary authors are expected to notify secondary authors of the meeting registration deadline.
Presenting at the IAS Annual Meeting
Primary presenters register for the Annual Meeting at a reduced rate. Additional authors register at the normal rate. The IAS website at www.scienceiniowa.org accepts abstracts, provides an advance program guide to the meeting and includes directions, schedules, lodging information, and a campus map. If you have questions please contact the IAS office staff. Office phone is 319-273-2021. Executive Director 319-273-2581.
1. Abstracts are submitted online at www.scienceiniowa.org/ias-abstract-submission
2. Abstracts must be 200 words or less.
3. Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline.
4. Presenters must choose to do an oral or poster presentation, not both.
Poster Presentations - Posters are presented on Friday.
1. Poster dimensions are limited to a maximum size of 4’ wide by 4’ high all on a single poster board.
2. Posters larger than 4’ x 4’ cannot be accepted as the display easels cannot accommodate larger
3. Posters will be mounted to boards using T-pins. The Academy provides mounting supplies.
4. Posters may be mounted beginning at 2:30 p.m.
5. Posters will be on display from 4:30 until 5:45 p.m.
6. One of the presenting authors is expected to be at the poster to answer questions throughout the session.
7. Posters may be left on display until Noon on Saturday.
Primary presenters register for the Annual Meeting at a reduced rate. Additional authors register at the normal rate. The IAS website at www.scienceiniowa.org accepts abstracts, provides an advance program guide to the meeting and includes directions, schedules, lodging information, and a campus map.
Oral Presentations - Oral presentations are made on Saturday
1. Oral presentations are 20 minutes, generally 12 – 15 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions.
2. Presentation rooms usually have all necessary Windows based A/V equipment including a computer and
projector. PowerPoint programs may be brought on a thumb drive. Apple/Mac users should bring proper
connecting equipment. Please read A/V instructions as provided by the Academy office or call with questions. It
is up to you to verify that your equipment will work.
3. When you arrive check in at the registration desk to pick up your badge, room assignment and schedule.
4. The purpose of a scientific meeting is to exchange information and ideas. Please attend your section meeting
and support your fellow presenters.