Annual Meeting Committee
Members of the 2017 - 2018 Annual Meeting Committee. Their term of service ends at the conclusion of the IAS Annual Meeting in the year indicated.
- This committee will be made up of the site management team appointed by the Executive Director, and all section chairs. The term of the committee members ends at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
- The chair of the Annual Meeting Committees will be the Executive Director.
Mark Anderson, Office of the State Archeologist, Anthropology Section Chair
Rasika Mudalige-Jayawickrama, Ph.D., University of Dubuque, Cellular, Molecular, and Microbiology Section Chair
Jeremy Durelle, North Iowa Community College, Chemistry Section Chair
Beth Collins, Iowa Central Community College, Community College Biologists, Section Chair
Neil Bernstein, Ph.D., Mt. Mercy University, Ecology & Conservation Section Chair
Mark Mba Wright, Ph.D., Iowa State University, Engineering Section Chair
Nicole Palenske, Ph.D., Central College, Environmental Science & Health Section Chair
Chad Heinzel, Ph.D., University of Northern Iowa, Geology Section Chair
Mason Kuhn, Ed.D., University of Northern Iowa, Iowa Science Teaching Section Chair
Eric Gangloff, Ph.D. Iowa State University, Organismal Biology Section Chair
Elizabeth Golovatski, Ph.D., Central College, Physics, Atmospheric & Space Sciences Section Chair
Rasna Sabharwal, Ph.D., University of Iowa, Physiology & Health Sciences Section Chair
- The committee will coordinate the major aspects of the annual meeting such as; exhibits, meeting rooms, program media/technology, and speakers.
- The committee will advise the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in the conceptualization of the Annual Meeting and assist in the organization such that the experienced members serve as mentors.
- The committee will evaluate the Annual Meeting no later than October 1 following the meeting and make recommendations for the general planning and format for the next Annual Meeting.