Conservation and Preserves Committee
Members of the 2016 - 2017 Conservation and Preserves Committee. Their term of service ends at the conclusion of the IAS Annual Meeting in the year indicated.
Board Liaison – To be determined.
Chair: Paul Frese; Iowa Department of Natural Resources
Member: (Exp 2017) Mike Goudy; Oskaloosa Senior High School
Member: (Exp 2017) Ryan Rehmeier; Simpson College
Member: (Exp 2018) Katherine Megivern; Ankeny High School
Member: (Exp 2018) Paul Frese; Iowa Department of Natural Resources
Member: (Exp 2019) Brenda Peters; St. Ambrose University
Member: Exp 2019) Andy McCollum; Cornell College
- The Conservation and Preserves Committee shall consist of six Members or Fellows each serving three year terms, two being appointed each year.
- The chair shall be designated by the President.
- Matters relating to conservation and preservation within Iowa and involving the Academy will be referred to this committee by the Board of Directors.
- The Committee will inform Academy members in matters related to conservation and preservation and will encourage their participation in related activities.
- The Committee shall make recommendations to the Board in matters relating to conservation and preservation.
- The committee will make recommendations to the Governor for appointments to the State Preserves Advisory Board as indicated by the Code of Iowa.