Iowa Science Foundation Committee
Members of the 2017 - 2018 Iowa Science Foundation Committee. Their term of service ends at the conclusion of the IAS Annual Meeting in the year indicated.
Board Liaison – to be determined
Chair: TBD, University of Northern Iowa
Member: (Exp 2018) Dawn Reding; Luther College
Member: (Exp 2018) Ken DeNault; University of Northern Iowa
Member: (Exp 2019) Thomas Bonagura; Buena Vista University
Member: (Exp 2019) Joseph Tiffany; University of Iowa
Member: (Exp 2020) Bonnie Hall; Grand View University
Member: (Exp 2020) Jeffrey Wilkerson; Luther College
- The Iowa Science Foundation Committee will consist of six Members or Fellows each serving three-year terms, two being appointed each year.
- The chair shall be designated by the President.
- The Iowa Science Foundation Committee will manage the Iowa Science Foundation on behalf of the Academy for the State of Iowa.
- The committee will solicit proposals, subject them to a review process, make awards, monitor grant projects, and provide a general oversight for the grants program.
- The committee will prepare and update brochures and guidelines pertaining to the program, as appropriate, and shall assist the officers of the Academy, the Governor, and the legislature in the development of the program on an on-going basis.