Student Programs Committee
Members of the 2016 - 2017 Membership Committee. Their term of service ends at the conclusion of the IAS Annual Meeting in the year indicated.
Board Liaison – To be Determined
Chair: De Anna Tibben, Ames High School
Member: (Exp 2018) Muhammad Spocter; Des Moines University
Member: (Exp 2018) Felicitas Avendano; Grand View University
Member: (Exp 2019) Barbara Lemmer; Linn-Mar Community School District
Member: (Exp 2019) Mike Goudy; Oskaloosa Community School District
Member: (Exp 2020) Holly Showalter; Waukee High School
Member: (Exp 2020) Rasika Mudalige-Jayawickrama; University of Dubuque
Ex-officio, non-voting member: Kris Kilibarda, State Science Supervisor; Iowa Department of Education
- The Student Programs Committee shall consist of six Members or Fellows, three of whom are selected by the Science Teaching Section as its representatives.
- Each member of the Committee shall serve a three year term. Two members shall be appointed each year.
- The Chair shall serve as the Director of the Iowa Junior Academy. The Science Education Consultant of the Iowa Department of Public Instruction shall be an exofficio non-voting member.
- The chair will be designated by the President.
- The Student Programs Committee will promote and supervise the student activities of the Iowa Junior Academy of Science in the area of pre-college science.
- The Committee will act in partnership with the Director of the Iowa Junior Academy of Science in preparing the IJAS program for the Annual Academy Meeting.
- Recognition and awards for secondary school students involved in student programs will be included under the purview of this committee.